Monday, April 19, 2010

Wendy's: Quality is Our Recipe Part II (Lunch)

haha, so I stayed from 10am breakfast time till 11am lunch time, just to wait for the menu change and get a taste of the famous fried chicken.


The standard menu look really delicious, unlike Popeye's Chicken. I've always felt that there is a lack of variety there. Unfortunately, I can't try the signature beef burger.

Sumptuous non-breakfast menu. So colourful!

When I saw the Frosty and milkshakes, I just knew I had to try them because the comeback milkshake from McD is lousy. 18 years ago, it was so thick, creamy and good. Food nowadays always gets worse.

Frosty ($1.30 for the small cup)

This is a cup of... ... hmmm, half milkshake drink, half ice cream??? hahaha. I actually exchanged my drink in the burger meal for this. So I sort of expected a drink. But when they served it to me in the cup, it looks more like an ice cream. Funnily, I took a straw and a spoon for this!

I used the spoon and ate it like an ice cream in the end.

Frosty, small.

So you see, it actually looks like McD soft-serve cone ice cream. At a few tens of cents more, you do get slightly more than the cone ice cream.

This tastes like soft-serve cone ice cream as well, just quite a bit more milky. It really is in between soft-serve ice cream and milkshake! lol! It is also very smooth and creamy as Wendy's promise.

Rating: 5/5
I do like the flavour of it, and I like milk ice cream taste, so I like this. And I think there was really nothing for me to pick on even though I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more of a milkshake. But well, I have decided to order the Frosty Milkshake the next time.

Spicy Chicken Burger Meal ($6.85)

Burger and fries.

haha, I do like the way this photo has turned out. It's sooo cuuute. The two of them, burger and fries, best friend side by side.

Burger

Spicy chicken burger.

Such the cutest flower bread this has. So lovely.

But I was a little sad that this burger looks so ordinary on the outside. It's just two buns, the normal looking chicken and cabbage, and tomatoes. I feel that the other joints like KFC Zinger Burger, Subway, Mos Burger has so much more interesting outlook than this.

Ordinary-looking handful of chicken meat too.

However, the magical moment came when I put this ordinary-looking burger into my mouth. The moment I bit down, the juices just all went, SPLASH! into my mouth, like I were eating Xiao Long Bao (Shanghai -style flour-wrapped minced meat, to look like a tiny bun, often containing the soup stock)!! Whoa-oWow! I love it. The juice.

And so I thought, it might be the oil. But when I look at the chicken, it's like, NO FATS at all! It's like those really well-cooked, pure, pure chicken, and it does reminds me of kampung chicken, of which, I ate in Malaysia, and it has that only meat, no fats, but super juicy feel too.

Ultra tender, firm and resistive bounce smooth, soft, juicy meat.

At this moment, I think I realised what Wendy's logo means by "Quality is Our Recipe". It's just amazing.

I took one more bite, and another bite, and another, and another. It was gone. I love this thing. There is no such chicken burger in Singapore. Firm, soft, tender, smooth, no fat, and so juicy, it squirts out like Xiao Long Bao.

And then there is the bun.

Besides the cute flower shape, it is also slightly buttered.

Special, buttered, flower-shaped bun with sesame on top. Love this!

Actually, the chicken ate alone is very salty, but when ate with the bun and vegetables altogether, the tastes just comes through as really refreshing with the juice. Not the full chicken taste anymore, they just blended altogether. =) First time I've eaten a burger whose tastes really blends.

Rating: 5/5
Must try!

I also ordered the nugget and fried chicken wing as this was a special out of the way trip down, so I am not sure when I would go back and have the chance to try Wendy's again.

Nuggets
I chose the 4 piece nugget. They look very cute with all that seasoning on top, but slightly smaller than McD's.

They are very soft!  And has meat that looks and feels more real than the minced fats in McD's nuggets. However, probably also because of the more healthy parts, less seasoning and all, this is not as tasty as many would like.

Nuggets, my favourite from fast food!

I feel that these are very healthy nuggets with really good texture in the mouth, so yes, I would choose it over McD's about 50% of the time.

Rating: 4/5

Last but not least, the much-awaited famous chicken!

Ah, the box reminds me of 20-pieces nugget from McD.

I asked for takeaway for the chicken and the nuggets, as I know I can't possibly finish breakfast and lunch by myself, and I wouldn't want to throw them away.

Fried Chicken

I am not sure if you can request parts like KFC allows, but I didn't. I think I did briefly mention wings though. So they gave me one wing and one breast part.

Breast and wing portions.

These are good! They really, really do remind of the kampong chicken I had in Malaysia! The skin is not exceedingly crispy or anything, but crispy enough. The real good part comes with the juice and firm yet tender smooth and soft white meat you feel after the crispy crunch. I'd say, these taste better than Popeye's!

Tender juicy meat.

Not really THE best chicken wings ever, ever, but they are one of a kind. And you probably will not find similarly juicy one from Chinese coffeeshop stalls, nor Popeye's, much less KFC!

I also like the way it perfectly cooked. Not too hard, not bloody. However, I was disappointed that despite them having the option of spicy or original, this spicy wings that I chose is not spicy at all. Same goes for the burger. Not spicy at all.

Rating: 5/5 Must experience the juice and tenderness. Love this.

Overall
Something else worth mentioning are the chili and ketchup. They are self-service, so stored in dispense units, and I couldn't see what brand they are. But the chili is amazing. It's sweet on first taste, but as you swallow it down, it has that spicy spicy near your throat. Great chili that doesn't makes me tear, yet has that spice taste. The ketchup has some sort of herb taste too. Quite strange.

In my takeaway, they gave Heinz brand sauces. So it might be Heinz.

Rating: 7/10
I'd definitely go back for the main courses again. I still want to try the baked potato and the Frosty milkshake. But I deducted marks for the not so charming breakfast and houseflies. So yes, buy the coffee, chicken burger and fried chicken!

0 comments:

 

Positively Nice - My Beauty Blog

Latest and most honest reviews of the efficacy of beauty products, skincare, cosmetics, and my take on fashion, plus lots of my tips that will make people compliment! =)))

Beauty can be affordable, only at Positively Nice.

Positively Nice
Powered By Blogger

Blog Tricks

Powered By Blogger

Proud Member of Nuffnang






Powered By Blogger

Great Morning ©  Copyright by Sweetly Nice - Singa 坡 の Makan | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks