Monday, August 09, 2010

Mr Bean Singapore Swirl: Happy National Day!

I am quite a fan of Mr Bean's food because I find them all very reasonably priced for the quality. I even think that the best tang yuan comes from there, and also the best soya ice cream, and one of the best pineapple tarts, and best honeydew soy milk, best pancake (cheese, tuna and red bean), most balanced etc. haha, look how long my list is.

Recently, Mr Bean seemed to have realized that it has a loyal fan base of not just mature customers, but also young adults like myself. And to keep young people going, amidst competition from cafes like Starbucks and Coffee Bean, they also started doing periodic marketing, which is to churn out limited edition items one after another. Yes, VERY gimmicky. But we like it. haha.

So the latest, after I tried things like Rum & Raisin (OMG, this is sooooo good it should be added to the standard menu), next up is Singapore Swirl and Chocolate Coated Ice Cream.

Singapore Swirl


hahaha, for those of you who have seen the promotion card on the counters of Mr Bean, you'd exclaim that this totally doesn't looks like that in the picture at all! How very true!

I myself felt a little bit cheated as this is obviously just bandung water with something like two servings of the standard soya ice cream on top!

But okay. If you take this as a meal, it's still arguable okay. Since I really love that soya ice cream a lot.

Rating: 3.5/5
Not bad, not too sweet, and really, that ice cream is one of my favourite. And I hand it to the creator for thinking of such a simple way to celebrate National Day. Literally red and white. But feels a little bit cheated, you know, Mr Bean.

Chocolate Coated Ice Cream


Looks mad yummy right!

But the chocolate is not nice... so yup, still the normal one better. Skip the calories too.

Rating: 3.5/5
Don't like the chocolate.


Overall rating: 7/10
Sorry Mr Bean, I still love you, but really, the Singapore promo items are not nice. :( Total waste of calories you know... ... haha.

2 comments:

jiaying said...

luckily i didnt try the singapore swirllllll so disappointing !

actually i like jollibeans' peanut pancake more, but it's darn sinful. :p

Joey Anna said...

haha. I like those special flavours from Jollibean as well! Like there is the green tea, and some wheat thing... :p Forgotten...

I guess it's because Jollibean's location is always not inside the mrt station itself... normally in malls, then have to walk. I always pick up Mr Bean on the way cos too tempting when I see those "NEW" stuff. hahaha.

 

Positively Nice - My Beauty Blog

Latest and most honest reviews of the efficacy of beauty products, skincare, cosmetics, and my take on fashion, plus lots of my tips that will make people compliment! =)))

Beauty can be affordable, only at Positively Nice.

Positively Nice
Powered By Blogger

Blog Tricks

Powered By Blogger

Proud Member of Nuffnang






Powered By Blogger

Great Morning ©  Copyright by Sweetly Nice - Singa 坡 の Makan | Template by Blogger Templates | Blog Trick at Blog-HowToTricks